This week’s guest is Clarissa Burt, internationally acclaimed award-winning media personality, producer, director, writer, author, public speaker and former supermodel and winner of the Celebrity Survivor show! Clarissa joins Nana on Build Value By Choice to talk about her new book “The Self-Esteem Regime”, improving morale in a team, and give you some tips around giving and receiving to improve your state of mind
- The first step Clarissa’s book The Self-Esteem Regime teaches is to be able to release. What do we need to let go and unlearn? We’re all held back by things that have happened in our past and we have to learn to let them go.
- The steps in The Self-Esteem Regime is about receiving. So many people find it hard to accept from others and especially find it hard to say thank you. Accept, take, then thank them.
- Do something good for someone else, it’ll make them feel good and you feel good. Giving is something that can be as simple as a smile or holding the door for someone. When you know you’ve done something good for someone else then you’re going to feel so much better.
- You don’t need to compare your level of giving to someone else’s.
- We are so caught up in negative self-talk, so much so that without giving ourselves positive enforcement then those negative thoughts can bring us down and keep us there.
- To build good team cohesion and improve workplace morale, you need to understand where your leaders are in terms of their self-esteem. They will set the tone for all of those working under them.
- The four pillars Clarissa teaches are look good, feel good, be good, and greater good.
‘We should all live in happy self-esteem’
‘I realized the common denominator was low self esteem and a very low sense of self’
‘When you can go to the mirror and bring yourself up that’s really impactful’
‘Keep yourself in perpetual motion and moving in the right direction for you’
‘Leadership is one of the loneliest places to be because the buck stops with you’
Leave your comments on the show’s facebook community page: https://www.facebook.com/Buildvaluebychoice
Get your free valuation here: https://bit.ly/get-free-valuation
Get a 5-phase checklist to help scale your business. https://bit.ly/Business-ScaleUp-Checklist
Podcast website: https://https://infhorizons.com/podcast/
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and share it.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Clarissa Burt is an internationally acclaimed award-winning media personality, producer, director, writer, author, public speaker and former supermodel and winner of the Celebrity Survivor show! With hundreds of television and film credits to her name, this Who’s Who of International and American Women brings over 35 years of entertainment industry experience in both International and American markets.
Clarissa is the Founder and CEO of In the Limelight Media, a multimedia platform consisting of TV/video, a podcast and a digital magazine. Her shows can be seen on ROKU, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, etc. and her podcast is heard on 15 different distribution platforms. Her bestselling book entitled The Self-Esteem Regime published by Roman and Littlefield published on November 11th, 2021. The audiobook was published by Recorded Books two weeks later.
Hosted by Nana Bonsu of Infinite Horizons, this show aims to serve small business owners who want to grow their businesses while reducing their own personal involvement. We do this through a combination of interviews with industry leaders, and host presentations. We are certified value builder advisors and leverage a statistically proven methodology to help clients such as you scale or transition their business to the next chapter.
We care for our listeners and see their dreams as our own. We aim to foster a community that embraces freedom, generosity, and integrity. This is a show by entrepreneurs and business owners for entrepreneurs and business owners.
ABOUT THE HOST
“I am an entrepreneur and ex-Corporate Executive who’s applying his experience and knowledge from working in various ways to pursue my passion of helping small business owners increase their choices in life by leveraging my knowledge and experience, their employees, systems and money. I help small business owners transform their business and increase value through action-oriented education and implementation of strategies and tactics to make their business sellable even if they are not planning on selling. Known for establishing an environment for personal growth and development. My multicultural background equips me with the intuitive understanding of different cultures and how they impact business owners.”
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.