This week we are going to be talking about workplace culture and culture in general, to do that Nana is joined by a leader in this cultural movement. His name is Michael Sandeck, who turned his passion for educational reform into a global call to action for corporate leadership transformation. Michael is a bestselling author, speaker, and the founder and CEO of Skyrocket Education and Rebel Culture.
- Michael was working in education for years in some of the toughest neighborhoods in all the United States in neighborhoods where trauma and drugs and violence were high where funding and infrastructure were low. He started to notice that there were schools that were just a block away from each other that had radically different cultures.
- The narrative was that you can’t have a great school here, but there were places where there were great schools in some of the most underserved zip codes in our whole country. He started to wonder why, what’s different in this place versus that place? It’s the same exact scenario, and Michael saw that there were leaders who were being really rebellious in the way they operated there.
- Michael started to look into the corporate world as well and saw that so many of the same trends were occurring where there were leaders who weren’t open to feedback, who didn’t define really clear expectations for their teams. They didn’t set a vision and values, or if they did, nobody embodied them.
- The best athletes in the world have coaches. Everybody who’s great at anything has or has ever been great at anything has had a coach at some point.
- Michaels five principles of leadership are 1. Mindset. 2. Systems. 3. Communication. 4. Execution. 5. Accountability.
‘There were these rebel leaders who did things differently than their peers’
‘Discomfort is where change happens’
‘It’s much easier to say no to somebody who applies than to fire somebody’
Leave your comments on the show’s facebook community page: https://www.facebook.com/Buildvaluebychoice
Get your free valuation here: https://bit.ly/get-free-valuation
Podcast website: https://infhorizons.com/podcast/
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and share it.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Michael Sonbert is a bestselling author, speaker, performance coach, educator, and the founder and CEO of Skyrocket Education and Rebel Culture. He’s turned his passion for educational reform into a global call to action for corporate leadership transformation.
Hosted by Nana Bonsu of Infinite Horizons, this show aims to serve small business owners who want to grow their businesses while reducing their own personal involvement. We do this through a combination of interviews with industry leaders, and host presentations. We are certified value builder advisors and leverage a statistically proven methodology to help clients such as you scale or transition their business to the next chapter.
We care for our listeners and see their dreams as our own. We aim to foster a community that embraces freedom, generosity, and integrity. This is a show by entrepreneurs and business owners for entrepreneurs and business owners.
ABOUT THE HOST
“I am an entrepreneur and ex-Corporate Executive who’s applying his experience and knowledge from working in various ways to pursue my passion of helping small business owners increase their choices in life by leveraging my knowledge and experience, their employees, systems and money. I help small business owners transform their business and increase value through action-oriented education and implementation of strategies and tactics to make their business sellable even if they are not planning on selling. Known for establishing an environment for personal growth and development. My multicultural background equips me with the intuitive understanding of different cultures and how they impact business owners.”
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.