Terry Tucker is the founder of Motivational Check. He’s here to share his unique and positive bent regarding the concepts of mindset and self-improvement. As a former NCAA Division I basketball player, SWAT Team Hostage Negotiator, and cancer warrior for the past ten years, he focuses on the healthy aspects of being sick by concentrating on his 4 Truths to help others lead their uncommon and extraordinary life.
- As a hostage negotiator, Terry learned the value of trust in any relationship and that listening isn’t just about hearing what’s being said, it’s about actually understanding what is being said.
- As business people we set goals for our business, but we don’t set personal values. When you can tie your goals to your personal values then the fact you believe it with all your heart will actually make those goals easier to achieve.
- Terry’s 4 Truths to help others lead their uncommon and extraordinary life are: 1. Controlling your mind, so it doesn’t control you.
- 2. Embracing the pain and difficulty and using it to make you a stronger and more determined individual.
- 3. Understanding that what you leave behind is what you weave in the hearts of other people.
- 4. Remembering that as long as you don’t quit, you can never be defeated.
- 60 or 70 thousand thoughts cross our minds every day. Every time you see a negative thought go by, stop and challenge that thought. When you’re stopping those negative thoughts, your brain will eventually stop sending them.
‘Trust, learning, and emotion’
‘You want to have core values and beliefs that you don’t compromise’
‘Take the cold bath bravely. Make yourself do unpleasant things so as to gain the upper hand of your soul’
‘Cancer can take all my physical facilities, but it can’t take my heart, my mind, or my soul’
Leave your comments on the show’s facebook community page: https://www.facebook.com/Buildvaluebychoice
Get your free valuation here: https://bit.ly/get-free-valuation
Get a 5-phase checklist to help scale your business. https://bit.ly/Business-ScaleUp-Checklist
Podcast website: https://https://infhorizons.com/podcast/
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and share it.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Terry Tucker is the founder of Motivational Check. He’s here to share his unique and positive bent regarding the concepts of mindset and self-improvement.
As a former NCAA Division I basketball player, SWAT Team Hostage Negotiator, and cancer warrior for the past ten years (which has included the amputation of his foot in 2018 and his leg in 2020), he focuses on the healthy aspects of being sick by concentrating on his 4 Truths to help others lead their uncommon and extraordinary life.
He’s released the book entitled: Sustainable Excellence, Ten Principles to Leading Your Uncommon and Extraordinary Life. He’s also recently been featured in Authority, Thrive Global, and Human Capital Leadership Magazines. You can find his site, Motivational Check, at motivationalcheck.com. With the American Psychological Association reporting that depression and anxiety have increased four-fold during the COVID pandemic, including the sharpest increases in males, young adults, and parents with children in the home, his story will be invaluable to helping such people.
Hosted by Nana Bonsu of Infinite Horizons, this show aims to serve small business owners who want to grow their businesses while reducing their own personal involvement. We do this through a combination of interviews with industry leaders, and host presentations. We are certified value builder advisors and leverage a statistically proven methodology to help clients such as you scale or transition their business to the next chapter.
We care for our listeners and see their dreams as our own. We aim to foster a community that embraces freedom, generosity, and integrity. This is a show by entrepreneurs and business owners for entrepreneurs and business owners.
ABOUT THE HOST
“I am an entrepreneur and ex-Corporate Executive who’s applying his experience and knowledge from working in various ways to pursue my passion of helping small business owners increase their choices in life by leveraging my knowledge and experience, their employees, systems and money. I help small business owners transform their business and increase value through action-oriented education and implementation of strategies and tactics to make their business sellable even if they are not planning on selling. Known for establishing an environment for personal growth and development. My multicultural background equips me with the intuitive understanding of different cultures and how they impact business owners.”
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.