74: Unpacking the ‘Ugly Mug’ of Entrepreneurship with Wayne Mullins: Scaling Your Business Marketing for Success
Today Nana is joined by Wayne Mullins, founder of Ugly Mug Marketing, creator of the Freelance Accelerator, and author of Full Circle Marketing. You’re going to hear his story and learn some key strategies for success. Listen in to find out how to unlock the secrets of how to take your business to the next level using some of his powerful marketing strategies.
- Ugly Mug Marketing, stems from the belief that the results should never be compromised – not even for the sake of “good” design. They would rather an “ugly” design that delivers results, than a “beautiful” design that doesn’t. The day they begin focusing on winning awards, instead of delivering results for clients, is the day their business has lost its way.
- One of the most impactful things Wayne has done in business is get the right people in place. This is so vital for small businesses because your limited staff needs to have a big impact.
- As a father of 4, being there to see his kids grow up is very important to him. Clients and business opportunities will come and go, so Wayne has had to learn to say no to good people and good opportunities sometimes.
- Wayne believes that some external motivation only lasts for a moment, he tries to focus on the things within that motivate him, because those things will be constant and stay with him forever.
- To Wayne success is when he and his team get better and better every day, it’s not set in profits or milestones. He wants people to get better every day and be held accountable to one another.
‘If you want to know how I scaled my businesses so quickly, the answer is creative marketing’
‘I’d rather have an ad that’s ugly and effective, over one that’s beautiful but isn’t’
‘When we look for external motivations, we will always need that crutch’
Ugly Mug Marketing | Alexandria LA
Infinite Horizons Free Webinar
Leave your comments on the show’s facebook community page: https://www.facebook.com/Buildvaluebychoice
Get your free valuation here: https://bit.ly/get-free-valuation
Podcast website: https://infhorizons.com/podcast/
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and share it.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Wayne Guest is a husband, father of 4, entrepreneur, and the Founder of Ugly Mug Marketing, creator of the Freelance Accelerator, and author of Full Circle Marketing. He’s an out-of- the-box, against the grain, thinker and it has more than paid off for his company and clients. He leads from the heart and is passionate and unapologetic about doing so. As Founder of Ugly Mug Marketing, he’s inspired clients from more than 100 industries and his work directly influences more than 250K entrepreneurs/year. (Headshot attached for banner)
Hosted by Nana Bonsu of Infinite Horizons, this show aims to serve small business owners who want to grow their businesses while reducing their own personal involvement. We do this through a combination of interviews with industry leaders, and host presentations. We are certified value builder advisors and leverage a statistically proven methodology to help clients such as you scale or transition their business to the next chapter.
We care for our listeners and see their dreams as our own. We aim to foster a community that embraces freedom, generosity, and integrity. This is a show by entrepreneurs and business owners for entrepreneurs and business owners.
ABOUT THE HOST
“I am an entrepreneur and ex-Corporate Executive who’s applying his experience and knowledge from working in various ways to pursue my passion of helping small business owners increase their choices in life by leveraging my knowledge and experience, their employees, systems and money. I help small business owners transform their business and increase value through action-oriented education and implementation of strategies and tactics to make their business sellable even if they are not planning on selling. Known for establishing an environment for personal growth and development. My multicultural background equips me with the intuitive understanding of different cultures and how they impact business owners.”
Infinite Horizons, Inc. on LinkedIn
Productize, Small Business, Growth, Diversification, Concentration, exit strategy, efficiency,(c) 2021, Build Value By Choice: https://infhorizons.com/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.