53: From Smartphone to Dumbphone – The Power of Disconnection with Rhett Acelar
Rhett is the owner and CEO of Historic Prints, an eCommerce company located in Portland Oregon. He joins Nana today on Build Value by Choice to discuss the power of disconnection and whether your smartphone has become a dumb phone, based on an article recently published in the Guardian.
- You can save your spot for the Infinite Horizons webinar, 3 Strategies to supercharge the value of your business today without feeling trapped or succumbing to market changes. Thursday September 22nd @ 12:00 PM EST, 9:00 AM PST. The link is in the show notes below. In this webinar, Nana Bonsu will reveal three secrets to growing a successful business that is not reliant on the owner. He will show you how to grow the value of your business without sacrificing time or enjoyment.
- Historic Prints specializes in historical map and photo reproductions from throughout the world and antiquity that create a unique link between past and present. This merges Rhett’s two passions of art and history.
- All technologies have pros and cons. For Rhett, smartphones became more of a con when the usefulness was outweighed by how distracting it is. When your phone is taking time away from your children, is it really worth the pros anymore?
- Rhett went to his phone store and asked for the dumbest phone they had. It was a throwback to the 2000s with the flip-up screen and everything. It made him feel so free, ditching his iPhone for something simpler.
- Rhett has been smartphone free for three years now, except for using it for two-step authentication.
- If you don’t want to go fully smartphone free, be considerate of what apps you put on your phone. Is it just a distraction? Or does it actually have a use that doesn’t outweigh its distraction level?
‘Do I want to set the example of my son seeing me on my phone all the time’
‘I felt rock bottom in my relationship with my smartphone’
‘If you want to get in contact with me, call me, I’ll actually answer and speak to you’
Infinite Horizons Free Webinar
Is your smartphone ruining your memory? A special report on the rise of ‘digital amnesia’
Leave your comments on the show’s facebook community page: https://www.facebook.com/Buildvaluebychoice
Get your free valuation here: https://bit.ly/get-free-valuation
Get a 5-phase checklist to help scale your business. https://bit.ly/Business-ScaleUp-Checklist
Podcast website: https://https://infhorizons.com/podcast/
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and share it.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Rhett is the owner and CEO of Historic Prints, an eCommerce company located in Portland Oregon.
Hosted by Nana Bonsu of Infinite Horizons, this show aims to serve small business owners who want to grow their businesses while reducing their own personal involvement. We do this through a combination of interviews with industry leaders, and host presentations. We are certified value builder advisors and leverage a statistically proven methodology to help clients such as you scale or transition their business to the next chapter.
We care for our listeners and see their dreams as our own. We aim to foster a community that embraces freedom, generosity, and integrity. This is a show by entrepreneurs and business owners for entrepreneurs and business owners.
ABOUT THE HOST
“I am an entrepreneur and ex-Corporate Executive who’s applying his experience and knowledge from working in various ways to pursue my passion of helping small business owners increase their choices in life by leveraging my knowledge and experience, their employees, systems and money. I help small business owners transform their business and increase value through action-oriented education and implementation of strategies and tactics to make their business sellable even if they are not planning on selling. Known for establishing an environment for personal growth and development. My multicultural background equips me with the intuitive understanding of different cultures and how they impact business owners.”
Infinite Horizons, Inc. on LinkedIn
Productize, Small Business, Growth, Diversification, Concentration, exit strategy, efficiency,(c) 2021, Build Value By Choice: https://https://infhorizons.com/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.