57: Scaling Your Business with the Right Businesses Infrastructure
Alicia Butler Pierre is the founder and CEO of Equilibria, Inc., a 17-year-old operations management firm which specializes in increasing bandwidth for fast-growing organizations via business infrastructure. Combined, her content has over three-quarters of a million views across various online platforms. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure: Curing Back Office Blues podcast. She’s also the author of the 2x Amazon bestseller, an adjunct instructor at Purdue University. A chemical engineer turned entrepreneur, Alicia’s advised, designed, and optimized processes for organizations including Coca-Cola, Shell, The Home Depot, and The Library of Congress. She’s on the show this week to tell you about scaling your own business infrastructure.
- Processes and optimizing processes is what helps businesses scale and when businesses scale they’re able to maximize value in their business. If you correctly implement processes then the outcome will always be the same regardless of who is running them.
- Business infrastructure is a system for linking your people, your processes, and your tools and or technologies together. Once they are linked together you can build a foundation that will allow you to scale in a repeatable, sustainable, and profitable way.
- Nothing in business infrastructure is done in isolation, when one element changes then you have to understand its impact on the other links in the chain. Everything within your business is interconnected and changes will have a knock on effect.
- Similar tasks should be grouped together into different departments, and those departments should be filled with the right people to fulfill those tasks. Once we know the tasks, the department, and the people, then we know the process that needs to take place.
- You get consistent customer experience, which makes the customer happy, which makes them more likely to buy from you again and again, it makes them more likely to recommend you to someone else, which increases profits and reduces your costs.
‘You want to reduce the variation’
‘It’s all about process, it’s about having a standard way to make a product’
‘Is this contributing to the valuable experience my customer has come to expect from me?’
Infinite Horizons Free Webinar
Alicia Butler Pierre’s Author Page
Leave your comments on the show’s facebook community page: https://www.facebook.com/Buildvaluebychoice
Get your free valuation here: https://bit.ly/get-free-valuation
Podcast website: https://https://infhorizons.com/podcast/
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and share it.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Alicia Butler Pierre is the founder and CEO of Equilibria, Inc., a 17-year-old operations management firm. She specializes in increasing bandwidth for fast-growing organizations via business infrastructure. Alicia has a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Louisiana State University, an MBA from Tulane University, and a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification. Combined, her content has over three-quarters of a million views across various online platforms. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure: Curing Back Office Blues podcast. She’s also the author of the 2x Amazon bestseller, an adjunct instructor at Purdue University. A chemical engineer turned entrepreneur, Alicia’s advised, designed, and optimized processes for organizations including Coca-Cola, Shell, The Home Depot, and The Library of Congress.
Hosted by Nana Bonsu of Infinite Horizons, this show aims to serve small business owners who want to grow their businesses while reducing their own personal involvement. We do this through a combination of interviews with industry leaders, and host presentations. We are certified value builder advisors and leverage a statistically proven methodology to help clients such as you scale or transition their business to the next chapter.
We care for our listeners and see their dreams as our own. We aim to foster a community that embraces freedom, generosity, and integrity. This is a show by entrepreneurs and business owners for entrepreneurs and business owners.
ABOUT THE HOST
“I am an entrepreneur and ex-Corporate Executive who’s applying his experience and knowledge from working in various ways to pursue my passion of helping small business owners increase their choices in life by leveraging my knowledge and experience, their employees, systems and money. I help small business owners transform their business and increase value through action-oriented education and implementation of strategies and tactics to make their business sellable even if they are not planning on selling. Known for establishing an environment for personal growth and development. My multicultural background equips me with the intuitive understanding of different cultures and how they impact business owners.”
Infinite Horizons, Inc. on LinkedIn
Productize, Small Business, Growth, Diversification, Concentration, exit strategy, efficiency,(c) 2021, Build Value By Choice: https://https://infhorizons.com/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.