Sometimes things are just out of your hands, one of those things we can’t control is time. Today we’re going to be talking about the issue of timing and how it affects the likelihood of success and the impact it has on the ability for you to be successful. Nana is joined on Build Value By Choice by guest Mark Pierce, co-founder of Cloud Peak Law Group to discuss this topic and more.
- Mark believes timing is one of the critical and most essential points of a business. If you don’t have the right timing then you won’t have much of a chance of success. For example Tesla, they did not have a unique idea but they came around at the exact right time for that idea to work.
- The best way to get your timing right is to know the industry. The more experience you have in a marketplace the better you can understand how that market will change in the future and you can plan for that change.
- The size of windows vary by industries, some may be months and some may be multiple years.
- You can watch new industries grow before they boom so you can get in at the right time, but you need to already have those contacts in place beforehand. You need to have done your research on the technologies involved and been to the conferences.
- Get involved and you will see opportunities as they come up. If you’re not involved then you’ll miss out on them. Get involved in your community, local politics, whatever it is that is going on around you.
‘They teach you the person who gets there first with the most will win’
‘The harder you try, the further you can fall behind’
‘You’ll see the time coming if you’ve been paying attention’
‘It’s like playing cards, you should go slowly and get a feel for the table’
Leave your comments on the show’s facebook community page: https://www.facebook.com/Buildvaluebychoice
Get your free valuation here: https://bit.ly/get-free-valuation
Podcast website: https://infhorizons.com/podcast/
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and share it.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Mark Pierce, Esq. and CPA, who is the co-founder of Cloud Peak Law Group and expert in legal advice regarding estate & federal tax planning, business tax planning, small business planning, business exit planning & strategies, and asset protection. For the past 5 years, they’ve been growing the company from a “Legal Service SaaS” to a “Company in A Box-aaS” and helping over 10k companies remain private and protect their assets through various legal means. Their services get new companies up and running for all types of people: beginners to savvy investors alike.
Hosted by Nana Bonsu of Infinite Horizons, this show aims to serve small business owners who want to grow their businesses while reducing their own personal involvement. We do this through a combination of interviews with industry leaders, and host presentations. We are certified value builder advisors and leverage a statistically proven methodology to help clients such as you scale or transition their business to the next chapter.
We care for our listeners and see their dreams as our own. We aim to foster a community that embraces freedom, generosity, and integrity. This is a show by entrepreneurs and business owners for entrepreneurs and business owners.
ABOUT THE HOST
“I am an entrepreneur and ex-Corporate Executive who’s applying his experience and knowledge from working in various ways to pursue my passion of helping small business owners increase their choices in life by leveraging my knowledge and experience, their employees, systems and money. I help small business owners transform their business and increase value through action-oriented education and implementation of strategies and tactics to make their business sellable even if they are not planning on selling. Known for establishing an environment for personal growth and development. My multicultural background equips me with the intuitive understanding of different cultures and how they impact business owners.”
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.