Today on the show Nana is joined by Russ Hawkins, the President and CEO of the leading data technology company, Agilence. Russ has spent over 35-years in the tech industry, helping established organizations and small start-ups reach their full potential by driving change from the “inside.” He’s here to give you leadership advice in the Tech Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) field.
- One of the most important things you need to have when it comes to leadership in technology is a goal or series of goals. These can be long or short term but they’re needed because you can’t move in the right direction if you don’t know where you want to go.
- A strategy business owners can use to avoid getting stuck in the day to day operations of their company is to completely understand those day to day operations to the point where you can hire the best people for the job and then stay out of their way.
- Processes and procedures are so important but it’s also vital to understand how those processes and procedures interact with each other. That allows for the best autonomy for your departments and all you have to do is step back and oversee.
- On an ongoing basis your business should be investing in the technologies that allow your business to run and grow. The main thing is keeping the lights on then you have to look at if the investment is going to give you a return or avoid a problem.
- Every manager needs to have a plan for if they win the lottery and leave the business. Will the business be able to continue to function without you?
- A good leader develops employees and gives them the right tools and infrastructure to do so. When people are trusted and supported they grow and achieve.
‘Without meeting your short term goals, it’s impossible to achieve your long term goals’
‘You have to make sure your finances support what you’re trying to achieve’
‘If you’re only relying on yourself then you only have a team of one to draw experience from’
‘As a leader you need to direct the team in the right direction and tell them what we want to achieve together’
Leave your comments on the show’s facebook community page: https://www.facebook.com/Buildvaluebychoice
Get your free valuation here: https://bit.ly/get-free-valuation
Podcast website: https://infhorizons.com/podcast/
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and share it.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Russ Hawkins is the President and CEO of the leading data technology company, Agilence. Russ has spent over 35-years in the tech industry, helping established organizations and small start-ups reach their full potential by driving change from the “inside.”
Russ is responsible for developing the overall strategy and leading the growth of SAAS Analytics & Reporting company Agilence, which helps retailers, grocers, and restaurants improve their operational effectiveness and uncover preventable losses using the data already in their hands.
Before Agilence, he transformed two early-stage tech companies into successful businesses by leading go-to-market strategies focused on product development, re-brands, and customer profile analysis resulting in exponential growth and success.
In his free time, Russ enjoys golfing, reading and is interested in the conservation of water resources. He graduated from Boston College in 1980.
Hosted by Nana Bonsu of Infinite Horizons, this show aims to serve small business owners who want to grow their businesses while reducing their own personal involvement. We do this through a combination of interviews with industry leaders, and host presentations. We are certified value builder advisors and leverage a statistically proven methodology to help clients such as you scale or transition their business to the next chapter.
We care for our listeners and see their dreams as our own. We aim to foster a community that embraces freedom, generosity, and integrity. This is a show by entrepreneurs and business owners for entrepreneurs and business owners.
ABOUT THE HOST
“I am an entrepreneur and ex-Corporate Executive who’s applying his experience and knowledge from working in various ways to pursue my passion of helping small business owners increase their choices in life by leveraging my knowledge and experience, their employees, systems and money. I help small business owners transform their business and increase value through action-oriented education and implementation of strategies and tactics to make their business sellable even if they are not planning on selling. Known for establishing an environment for personal growth and development. My multicultural background equips me with the intuitive understanding of different cultures and how they impact business owners.”
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.